Tracy Owen Chapman, TOC Consulting
Educator & Coach
TOC values environmental and socially responsible business practices. With a teamwork leadership philosophy, she fosters long-time relationships and community service. Tracy masters the art of alchemy, fixing and transforming what is broken for the better. The long-time educator has taught multiple courses for Lake Tahoe Community College and Sierra Nevada College.
Propelled by a strong family heritage of community servants, political leaders, first responders, authors, engineers and a Purple Heart veteran, Tracy incorporates a multidisciplinary, alchemist approach to every challenge.
Performance to measurable objectives & tracking to return-on-investment. TOC’s a creative problem-solver, change agent, tactical strategist and focused community contributor. She has the innate ability to cut-to-the-chase to effectively get things done quickly.
- 2020 Canvas Certification, online Instructor Lake Tahoe Community College adjunct faculty
- 2020 Certification: Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) Federal Contracting Program, U.S. Small Business Administration
- 2020 U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of Census Enumerator
- Professional Certified Marketer (PCM), American Marketing Association
- Long-time adjunct faculty member for Lake Tahoe Community College business department teaching Introduction to Business, Marketing, and Human Resources Management
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), University of Nevada, Reno
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) Political Science/Public Administration, University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
TOC currently provides expertise to the nonprofits Tahoe Magic and Tahoe Cross-Country. She is participating in the South Lake Tahoe homeless count Census Bureau project and recently volunteered on the Barton Foundation Cause Committee. The long-time coach of youth sports has assisted local high school performing arts, athletic teams, visioning and in-class speaker programs. TOC served on the Board of Directors for the El Dorado County Chamber of Commerce, Ski Lake Tahoe, Tahoe Arts Project, and South Lake Tahoe Chamber of Commerce. She led the work experience program inside El Dorado County Jail for several years. TOC also held roles with the Lake Tahoe Visitor Authority, American Association of University Women, Tahoe Rim Trail Association, Tahoe Resource Conservation District, Tahoe Tallac Association, Measure ‘S’ campaign, and as a media campaign judge for CA Community Colleges.
Senior Management Roles
Previous to TOC Consulting, Tracy held top leadership and senior management roles with several companies contributing to their bottom-line success serving as Vice President of Public Relations. Director of Human Resource Management, and Director of Marketing for both Northstar and Sierra-at-Tahoe Ski Resorts. In conjunction with TOC Consulting, she directed the Internship and Work Experience programs for Lake Tahoe Community College and served on multiple Advisory Boards for the College.
P A R T N E R S H I P S